Monday, August 22, 2011

Buttars Punnett Square

   Growing up, I never really liked my ears. It's not that I cried over them, hid them behind my hair, or thought, "woe is me," but I was always a little bit self-concious of them. For one reason, my ears are upside-down. What I mean is that they are bigger on the bottom than on the top instead of the other way around. Another reason is that my ears have a folded over flap of skin at the top. It didn't help that my best friend had perfectly round, tiny ears.

   It wasn't until the last couple of years that I noticed that my ears weren't as unique as I thought. They looked exactly like my dad's ears, which look just like his dad's ears. That made me like my ears a little better. I was talking to my Grandma Della last weekend and she told me that the first thing she asked when each of her kids were born is, "are their ears folded?" I thought this was funny because the first thing I asked Jonny when Scarlett was born is, "does she have my ears?"

   It turned out she did... and now I don't think I could love my ears more.

Grandpa Vince (I wonder who his ears came from)

My dad

My ear (attached lobes come from Mom)

Scarlett's perfect little ear

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

I love your ears! And I love that Scarlett has your ears too. And fyi- I was a hit self concious of my itty bitty ears. I mean who has ears the same size as a baby?!

Natalie said...

I love this! Isn't it funny how you see things differently now as a Mom?!