Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Scarlett, White, and Blue

Happy 235th birthday, America!! Jonny, Scarlett, and I celebrated up in Twin Falls, Idaho. It was so fun to be with family, except we really missed Carrie and the rest of the Lloyds! On Saturday, Julie and Clint went to a concert up in Sun Valley so the kids stayed the night at my mom and dad's house. They had a fun little campout with Grandpa in the backyard (except Audrey. She crashed and slept inside with my mom).
Scarlett's first time on the swings

Grandma Debbie and Scarlett

Ryan, Chelsea, and the Schnoor girls (and Farfel!)

Dad and Jack setting up

Ryan made these signs in case anyone got lost

Roasting s'mores before bed



The fun continued on the 4th of July. The boys got up early and went golfing. Mom and I went to the annual neighborhood breakfast/parade. Then the fam all headed down to Bass Lake at the country club for the annual BBQ picnic.







That night Mom, Dad, Jonny, Scarlett, and I headed to the firework show at CSI (after squeezing in a quick game of hand and foot). Scarlett LOVED the fireworks.. and by LOVED I mean she didn't cry and stared at the traffic light down the street.




Scarlett's night-time patriotic outfit

I love Independence Day. It's like baseball games. Enjoyable purely for the ambiance it creates. I can't think of a better way or time of year to celebrate the birth of this great nation that we are so blessed to live in. Growing up, my sister Carrie and I made the most of the 4th. We dressed head to toe in red, white, and blue. We painted our toenails with American flags. Carrie braided our hair into "hippie braids" which basically entailed ratting our hair a bunch, braiding it in two braids, and spraying the heck out of it with glitter hairspray (our bathroom door at our parents house still has a layer of film on it). The look was completed with stick on jewels on our face or temporary tattoos. Most of the fun was the process of getting ready itself. I'm excited to spread this love of the holiday to Scarlett when she gets a little bigger. She had fun this year, but man was she worn out every night from all the excitement!

Back home and exhausted after a busy weekend and hot car ride

6 comments:

Team Jensen said...

What a fun family weekend! I LOVE Scarlett's patriotic outfits! SO Cute!

julie said...

You named your baby Scarlett just for this blog post didn't you? Otherwise, why would you? weird name..shoulda gone with Tashiniauh.

You are so funny! haha, I love how you described how much she loved the fireworks. I kept having to say, "Finn! Over there!"

Your family is so cute. And it's good to see your mom out!

Kristin Rosell said...

Scarlett is adorable!! And I love hand and foot! When I come back to Provo we should organize a game night. Your family is beautiful!

Stephanie said...

I love your description of getting ready and dressed up for the fourth. I have some great memories of that. Remember our flip flops? Cute pictures. I love that you blog. Keep it coming.

julie said...

I'm glad you guys came up. It was fun to see you all. We love Scarlett! (and you too)

Al and Jenny said...

Sounds like a great 4th weekend! Great pictures. I love the one of Scarlett with your mom :) I also love hearing about how you and Carrie used to dress up for the 4th. It's reading things like that that make me wish I had a sister :)