Friday, June 10, 2011

Rite of Passage

   Now that I'm a mom and all, I figured I should start a blog. I think it's an unspoken rule that moms have blogs, and Heaven forbid I start this mom-thing off on the wrong foot. I've been wanting to start this for a while now, but a few things have held me back.
    For one, I was supposed to maintain a class blog for my job this school year. I think I posted a total of 3 times, and I felt guilty working on a personal blog when I was slacking so bad with my job assignment.
   The other thing that has held me back is that, frankly, I am not "hip". I cannot create delicious meals and treats and then pass off my culinary wisdom to you. I am a novice crafter/seamstress who can't follow a pattern and will not post a tutorial on how to make boutique style baby clothes with pipe cleaners, fabric scraps, and fishing wire. I am a horrible photographer, without a DSLR camera, who usually forgets to bring her camera with her anyway (or it stays in my purse and I remember it once the excitement is over). **
   So this blog will pretty much be about what I do know and love: my family. It's a way to share what's going on with us, keep somewhat of a journal, and show you lots and lots of pictures of Scarlett.

**Disclaimer: Don't call me a hypocrite if I ever A) post a recipe, B) show or tell something I created, or C) get a DSLR camera and start taking awesome pictures... a girl can aspire for a more exciting blog, right?!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Welcome to the blogosphere! I'm adding you to my reader cause I NEED to see pictures of that darling baby Scarlett!

merricksart.blogspot.com

Stephanie said...

I LOVE that you have a blog. Welcome to being a real mom. :) And I post crappy pics everyday and no recipes so no judgments here. Keep em coming!

Unknown said...

Hooray! I am excited you are blogging again! And don't worry, I feel the same way about everything you just said. I haven't blogged in months, maybe I should borrow some of your motivation. Also, your baby is adorable! I can't wait for lots of pictures.

Matt Alder said...

Tracie-you are more creative than you think.....but think of a blog as for you, not for others. My sisters and I all print our blogs each year as our family scrapbook.....it is journaling in the heat of the moment. You will do great....and it will be fun to watch cute scarlet grow up! Good Luck with blogging!

r+s+a laney said...

Tracie! Add us to your blog :)

jackie said...

yay i'm so glad you are going to blog again! can't wait to read your updates and see your cute little baby. and don't worry about the tutorials, i'm pretty sure everything cute to ever be made already has a tutorial out there somewhere.

The Davis Family said...

Tracie-
Love the pictures at the top of the blog! It was great to finally see Scarlett in person ... she's beautiful! I feel a game night coming on!!

-Shanna

P.S. Our blog is thedavisclub.blogspot.com

Karen said...

I was wondering if you would start a blog again. I'm glad you decided too! It's a good way to keep tabs on cousins! :)

Allison Barker said...

YAY! I can't wait. Post new pictures of Scarlett ASAP.